FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By uxleumas
as long as you're careful, you should be able to seperate them, they look really close together. you could keep it like that and loose a few plants but you'll get a tangly mess of leaves that some people like the look of
By Apollyon
Have this same issue with some bainskloof seedlings. Decided to go for it on my next day off to try to save the ones being blocked off. Nice cluster though, I might be in that minority that likes that look lol. Thing would look crazy in the future :lol:

Think that's a cool idea. When my capensis get bigger I may give a couple of them away. I have like 35 of them (provided they survive).
By ChefDean
I've separated dews, mostly Capes, smaller than that and had good results. If you can keep a bit of the media around the roots it will help minimize shock and maximize survival.
You got this.
By Apollyon
On a side note, how long did it take for your Burmannii to get in the game and grow? My seeds have sprouted about 3 plants but they've stayed about a couple millimeters for weeks. I'm possibly doing something wrong here lol. I have them under a humidity dome. My older Burmannii's are growing nicely in the same conditions.
By ChefDean
Apollyon wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm On a side note, how long did it take for your Burmannii to get in the game and grow? My seeds have sprouted about 3 plants but they've stayed about a couple millimeters for weeks. I'm possibly doing something wrong here lol. I have them under a humidity dome. My older Burmannii's are growing nicely in the same conditions.
With Burmannii, feed 'em. Some just need a little bug juice to kick start their growth.
By sanguinearocks101
Apollyon wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm On a side note, how long did it take for your Burmannii to get in the game and grow? My seeds have sprouted about 3 plants but they've stayed about a couple millimeters for weeks. I'm possibly doing something wrong here lol. I have them under a humidity dome. My older Burmannii's are growing nicely in the same conditions.
Maybe 1-1.5 months to pick up the pace. I got a ton of seeds and they were in a big clump so I just scattered some food on top of the soldiers destined to destroy any bugs that landed on their leaves.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!