FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
One final push dude, just tell her it'll get rid of a lot of the plants you have in the house. Even if you have to lie it is a noble cause.
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
Well I will be moving my fly traps out there (if I convince her) so that will smooth things over till I sneak some pings and drosera in the grow space indoors. I mean I did spend the money on the lighting so I may as well keep using it hee hee hee (evil cackle) :D
By Propag8
Oh and evenwind I never went down the slippery slope if you remember you kicked me straight over the edge lol.
By evenwind
Dang! I don't usually get that kind of distance with my kicks. So you're sitting in the CP forest at the bottom? Cool!
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
Yeah it was quite a kick but I landed gently amongst the cp's in a land of intrigue and wonder, where obsession takes the mind to a world of compulsion, an altered state where money and space are no object but where the plants rule and I am but a slave to the their voices and a puppet to which they hold the strings. :?
evenwind, zendercosm_11 liked this
By sanguinearocks101
At first I was going up on the roller coaster, got a N. Sanguinea then a typical vft and a few months later a N. ventrata. Then one fateful day my friend asked me a question about carnivorous plants and said he was interested in them, then I started going downhill really fast. Getting multiple plants every month, getting seeds, finding this forum, and now I’ve reached the bottom and am quickly climbing back up to the top.
By evenwind
I had about 100 small orchids. There was a fungus gnat infestation. I bought a ping to clear it up without chemicals. Now I have 4 orchids and probably 150 CPs...
sanguinearocks101, Propag8, Adriana and 2 others liked this
By zendercosm_11
Propag8 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 pm Yeah it was quite a kick but I landed gently amongst the cp's in a land of intrigue and wonder, where obsession takes the mind to a world of compulsion, an altered state where money and space are no object but where the plants rule and I am but a slave to the their voices and a puppet to which they hold the strings. :?
^ You deserve the Pulitzer Prize for that narrative.
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
Lol I was having a funny five minutes :?
zendercosm_11 liked this
By zendercosm_11
It was funny, definitely. Creativity is awesome. I’m a painter, so your statement conjured a very colorful & relatable illustration in my head. I threaten to feed my little dogs to my plants, when the furry ones misbehave. I’m thankful they don’t actually know what I’m saying during those moments. :D :lol: :roll:
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
I'm a very deep thinker but not all that creative artistically. I think you should try painting the scenario and share with us if you have the time :D
zendercosm_11 liked this
By zendercosm_11
I’ll keep that in mind. :lol: With your deep thinking gift/skill, do you find that you are a magnet for the bizzare? I find those two tend to work in tandem. I say this while understanding I’m on a forum for people invested in plants that eat other organisms. Lol! :lol:
By Propag8
Lol well yes I suppose I do attract the bizarre you should meet my children. :lol: and I do enjoy the weirder things in life such as carnivorous plants and confusing myself by reading crazy theoretical science that convinces me im a hologram. Ive been trying to walk through the bedroom wall to no avail :D I think if I had the time and money I'd be an unqualified mad professor. :ugeek:
By zendercosm_11
Propag8 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:17 pm Lol well yes I suppose I do attract the bizarre you should meet my children. :lol: and I do enjoy the weirder things in life such as carnivorous plants and confusing myself by reading crazy theoretical science that convinces me im a hologram. Ive been trying to walk through the bedroom wall to no avail :D I think if I had the time and money I'd be an unqualified mad professor. :ugeek:
I feel like there are so many things right with that post. :lol: By hologram, what pray tell you mean?
By Propag8
There's loads of weird theories that we and all other objects are all essentially vibrating waves of particles held together by an almost bio magnetic field (the god particle) so not a hologram at all more like an illusion. What's crazy if I remember rightly scientists actually discovered the force that binds the atoms of all material things so they don't split apart back into the elements they are initially made up of. Apparently our brains decipher what something looks and feels like based on the frequency or speed it vibrates at the atomic level. So if our brains couldn't interpret the language of these vibrations the world would look nothing like we see it. I know its very weird but intriguing. By the way I know nothing about science it's just stuff I've read lol.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!