FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I would like to thank Apollyon for his recent donation of 17 packs of seeds.
He sent some 13 packs of Albino Capes to get some fresh stock in. We've still got some older stuff to hand out before we get to his.
He also sent 3 packs of Filiformis "Florida Red". (Those look nice, I might try some out myself since nobody's requesting them)
Last, he sent 1 pack of D. Marston Dragon OP. He expressed some reservations about them, as they could be selfed, but could also be crossed with Multifida Extrema. His findings are mixed; they could be viable or not. Someone will just have to find out.
The Capes and Filiformis are available for immediate request by eligible members. The Marston Dragon OP is available to donors only for 48 hours, and will be available for all eligible members Friday.
Despite assaulting my senses by sending the seeds in a pastel blue, maybe teal with a touch of gray, perhaps cornflower envelope, and assassinating anyone's senses that was forced to handle it, I thank you.
Apollyon liked this
By Cross
I was like yes? I'm not new lol. Thanks for the new seeds! I'll definitively be trying out marsten seeds. I want one lol. And if definition pick up Florida red too. Maybe there will be bonuses next month too. Hint hint. Nudge nudge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By evenwind
Could the envelope have been turquoise? Turquoise is nice. Or maybe aqua? Aqua's okay but it's no turquoise...
By Cross
evenwind wrote:Could the envelope have been turquoise? Turquoise is nice. Or maybe aqua? Aqua's okay but it's no turquoise...
You know I got a great turquoise and brown chunky yarn. Turquoise is nice.

By ChefDean
evenwind wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 pm Could the envelope have been turquoise? Turquoise is nice. Or maybe aqua? Aqua's okay but it's no turquoise...
It could be any one of the above, but it was just so unexpectedly like an attack on my vision.
By Apollyon
I found those envelopes and I was like "Perfect! Kind of." :lol: I did give a warning shot about the envelope lol. I'm glad they made it though, I was wondering how the post office was going to handle that envelope. Split up the bags to make it "flatter." It was last second but I dated each of the packs so it shouldn't be too difficult to set right. The binatas in general seem to be up for debate on viability though I kept these outdoors and let nature handle the course. They've been flowering next to my multifidas. Towards the end of the flowering, I began hand pollinating. Unfortunately most of the seeds seemed to have escaped the pods due to the insane weather we had recently. They're still flowering. I intend to try to grow some myself to see what the verdict is. I believe they're viable but it's hard to say what was shaken out. This second batch I'm working with I've been pollinating by hand with different plants of the same type. Month or two I'll try some and send some out.
Last edited by Apollyon on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MikeB
ChefDean wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:55 pmHe also sent 3 packs of Filiformis "Florida Red". (Those look nice, I might try some out myself since nobody's requesting them)
Fair warning: if given half a chance, Drosera filiformis 'Florida Red' will battle with Drosera capensis for the title of "weediest carnivorous plant in your collection".
ChefDean liked this
By Apollyon
I can see that. It flowers profusely. I was given mine by my friend and he clumped two together. They had finished flowering and were ripening when I received it. They're currently putting up about two flowers a piece. I do like the plant though, it has a nice look to it. I agree it needs to be watched. After the thing finally chills I need to repot it. I have a traycii I was given too. I'm looking forward to crossing those two together.
By ChefDean
mcgrumpers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 am It should be tradition to send the seed bank manager aesthetically painful envelopes.
Sounds like your challenging your fellow members.
Perhaps I could start a thread of visually offensive but PG envelopes, and you all could vote on the worst (best).
Send one that is an off putting color or decorate it yourself. If you decorate it, only the back so the address isn't interfered with. PG ONLY! Pretend you're sending it to your grandma, and you don't want her to know how horrible you really are. Names and addresses will not be posted, no posting "Number three is mine, vote for it!". That will be a disqualification, vote solely on how much the envelope makes you want to throw it into an active volcano to save the world from seeing that trainwreck. Vote by liking that pic, and you can vote for multiple ones if you find them equally horrendous.
After receiving 10 envelopes, voting will commence, with a winner being crowned near the end of the month. I will hold my vote until the end for a tie-breaker if needed. Winner gets an extra request to use the next month.
evenwind, Apollyon, Panman liked this
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:
mcgrumpers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 am It should be tradition to send the seed bank manager aesthetically painful envelopes.
Sounds like your challenging your fellow members.
Perhaps I could start a thread of visually offensive but PG envelopes, and you all could vote on the worst (best).
Send one that is an off putting color or decorate it yourself. If you decorate it, only the back so the address isn't interfered with. PG ONLY! Pretend you're sending it to your grandma, and you don't want her to know how horrible you really are. Names and addresses will not be posted, no posting "Number three is mine, vote for it!". That will be a disqualification, vote solely on how much the envelope makes you want to throw it into an active volcano to save the world from seeing that trainwreck. Vote by liking that pic, and you can vote for multiple ones if you find them equally horrendous.
After receiving 10 envelopes, voting will commence, with a winner being crowned near the end of the month. I will hold my vote until the end for a tie-breaker if needed. Winner gets an extra request to use the next month.
I'll be nice. I'll let my daughter decorate it.

Apollyon liked this
By evenwind
Will your postal carrier get a vote? Definitely should. Gonna have to see all that beauty hitting your mailbox.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
lmao I am so glad that my envelope has inspired people. I'll be honest Chef, I was going to make it my "thing" and up the ante every time. I was considering glitter for the next one :lol: My seed bank use is spent this month so I'll have to have faith in the OG's ability to take it home.
By Panman
MikeB wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:09 am Fair warning: if given half a chance, Drosera filiformis 'Florida Red' will battle with Drosera capensis for the title of "weediest carnivorous plant in your collection".
I'll see your filiformis and raise you an intermedia.
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:02 pm
MikeB wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:09 am Fair warning: if given half a chance, Drosera filiformis 'Florida Red' will battle with Drosera capensis for the title of "weediest carnivorous plant in your collection".
I'll see your filiformis and raise you an intermedia.
But Intermedia needs a stratification and dormancy, Filiformis "Florida Red" does not.
Of course, there's Intermedia "Cuba"....

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!