FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
Hey, when were these harvested?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
Cross wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:24 pm Hey, when were these harvested?

Obviously I can't speak for him, but his seeds have good reports from other members for viability and germination, so you can assume they're pretty fresh. He has been selling them like this for quite some time, I just ordered some myself.
He shipped mine on July 30th, a couple of days after I ordered, and notified me the day they shipped with a tracking number. I expect to see them here in a week or so, but I can't track them once they leave Vietnam.
Search for his other posts, you'll see some happy member comments. Plus, it's only $13 for a pod of what could produce a really neat lowland complex cross.
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:

Obviously I can't speak for him, but his seeds have good reports from other members for viability and germination, so you can assume they're pretty fresh. He has been selling them like this for quite some time, I just ordered some myself.
He shipped mine on July 30th, a couple of days after I ordered, and notified me the day they shipped with a tracking number. I expect to see them here in a week or so, but I can't track them once they leave Vietnam.
Search for his other posts, you'll see some happy member comments. Plus, it's only $13 for a pod of what could produce a really neat lowland complex cross.
I am sold. I'll take a pod when he checks back in.

By Cross
ChefDean wrote:

How are you going to sow yours? Any special treatment or are they like vft seeds?

By mcgrumpers
I've previously bought nepenthes seeds from trinhkhtn. The seeds germinated and I now have several seedlings with tiny little pitchers. He's legit.
ChefDean liked this
By Cross
mcgrumpers wrote:I've previously bought nepenthes seeds from trinhkhtn. The seeds germinated and I now have several seedlings with tiny little pitchers. He's legit.
How long does it take to grow to a semi decent size? Like maybe around a large marble?

By oval
Cross wrote:How long does it take to grow to a semi decent size? Like maybe around a large marble?
I sowed some N. tobaica on January 3 and the largest are now about an inch across. On the other hand I have a N. ventricosa about two years old that is only 5/8 inch diameter.
By Cross
oval wrote:
Cross wrote:How long does it take to grow to a semi decent size? Like maybe around a large marble?
I sowed some N. tobaica on January 3 and the largest are now about an inch across. On the other hand I have a N. ventricosa about two years old that is only 5/8 inch diameter.
They're slow growers I take it lol

By oval
Well, I'm certainly no expert at growing them from seed. If you can hit on the right conditions for a certain species, then they seem to take off pretty well.
By Cross
oval wrote:Well, I'm certainly no expert at growing them from seed. If you can hit on the right conditions for a certain species, then they seem to take off pretty well.
I wonder if they can be grown in tissue culture.....

By mcgrumpers
oval wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:12 pm
Mine were also sowed around January and the largest pitchers are now a bit less than 1cm in diameter and maybe 1.5 cm in height. Tiny little pitchers are cool in their own right so I don't mind it if their slow.
By Apollyon
Cross wrote:
oval wrote:Well, I'm certainly no expert at growing them from seed. If you can hit on the right conditions for a certain species, then they seem to take off pretty well.
I wonder if they can be grown in tissue culture.....

Apparently they do really well in TC. Pearl River Exotics uses tissue culture to clone their Nepenthes for sale. It appears to significantly ramp up the growth rate.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!