- Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 pm
A couple of things come to mind.
First, welcome to the forum! You're in the right place to get some help.
Next, you say you just received Alice for your birthday, so I'm assuming it was pretty recent. Most plants go into shock due to shipping and repotting, how severe depends on many factors, and it looks like yours is just in shock. No worries there.
It appears you have it in peat or a peat mix, and in water. Both good.
However, it appears you have it sitting by a wall in a terra cotta dish. Both not so good.
These plants need low to no mineral water, and terra cotta will leach minerals into the water, which will harm Alice. Try to find a plastic, glass, or glazed clay dish to hold the water, and put her on a sunny windowsill. If you have an east facing window, perfect. She'll get good, direct morning sunlight when it isn't as intense, and indirect the rest of the day.
With a different tray and a sunny windowsill, Alice will recover from her shock and be a beautiful little plant, or a trio of plants, in a month or so.
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that I make bad decisions.