FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By xanthoparmelia
4969 - Ehlersiae, esseriana, Florian, cyclosecta
4970 - Sethos x Fraser's Beauty, agnata red leaf, Gina, hemiepiphytica
4971 - Smaller plants in a plastic egg carton: Gypsicola, debbertiana and some hybrids
4972 - Apasionada, gigantea x pilosa, John Rizzi, moranensis caudata, moranensis x ehlersiae, moctezumae x Köhres
4975 - Pirouette
Attachments:
IMG_4969.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 9987 times
IMG_4970.JPG
IMG_4970.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 9987 times
IMG_4971.JPG
IMG_4971.JPG (2.88 MiB) Viewed 9987 times
IMG_4972.JPG
IMG_4972.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 9987 times
IMG_4975.JPG
IMG_4975.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 9987 times
By xanthoparmelia
Some more pics. Clockwise from top left.

Yucca DO 1717
Laueana x Emarginata
Gigantea & Jaumavensis
Emarginata

Moranensis J
Moranensis A
Aphrodite & Kondoi
John Rizzi, Weser, Martinezii, Pilosa x Emarginata
Attachments:
Pings1.jpg
Pings1.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 8949 times
Pings2.jpg
Pings2.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 8949 times
Adriana, Propag8 liked this
By Apollyon
Hey, I just got a gypsicola and a laueana myself a few days ago. I planted them and put them under a humidity dome to acclimate them (from being bagged and shipped) solely because I want to make sure they make it. I was wondering if you do anything special with the gypsicola. I hear they're very finicky. So far I haven't seen any noticeable decline. I put it in a standard gritty mexican ping mix I use for my others. Equal parts peat, perlite, silica, and some turface with some lime sand added. I hear about gypsum being added but I also read they don't really need it. Your ping collection looks really awesome man.
xanthoparmelia liked this
By xanthoparmelia
Apollyon wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:19 pm Hey, I just got a gypsicola and a laueana myself a few days ago. I planted them and put them under a humidity dome to acclimate them (from being bagged and shipped) solely because I want to make sure they make it. I was wondering if you do anything special with the gypsicola. I hear they're very finicky. So far I haven't seen any noticeable decline. I put it in a standard gritty mexican ping mix I use for my others. Equal parts peat, perlite, silica, and some turface with some lime sand added. I hear about gypsum being added but I also read they don't really need it. Your ping collection looks really awesome man.
I don't do anything special with gypsicola. I've also read about how challenging they can be and how you need to keep them bone-dry in the winter. Honestly, I handle them the same way as all my other Mex pings and it looks healthy and continues to grow. Laueana, on the other hand, has been a slow grower for me. Not sure what I'm doing or not doing, but it seems to have the seasons mixed up.
By Apollyon
hungry carnivores wrote:Take pullings. Immediately.

Gives peace of mind, knowing you have extras.
Yeah I popped off a leaf immediately. It isn't very large but I will probably grab another couple just in case.

@xanthoparmelia, Yeah, I've heard similar with water levels during dormant periods. I had a couple that entered dormancy from the shipping process and I didn't change anything. The plants were fine and they woke up again after a couple top waterings. I'm wondering what conditions these people have that cause them to die off and arrive at "bone dry" for success. They're possibly comparing the natural climate and trying to match conditions? It's a mystery. I'll keep an eye on it. So far so good though. Thanks for the info
xanthoparmelia liked this
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!