FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By tommyr
Propag8 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:50 pm Ah sorry tommyr I just scanned through my old posts it was another Tommy. I'd still love to know your growing conditions though they look in such great health. :)
No problem. They get a good 7-8 hours of direct Sun a day and rainwater is used on them. They get 3 months of winter dormancy in a refrigerator.

This year I experimented using Scott's Disease EX fungicide on 4 plants. It was supposed to act like steroids and increase growth, sturdy-ness and color according to some people but after 4 months I've seen NO difference in their growth what so ever.
By Propag8
I heard something like that on YouTube about the steroid effect on plants. I thought if it were true all large grower/retailers would do it. I bet you had no diseases though lol.
By tommyr
Propag8 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:59 am I heard something like that on YouTube about the steroid effect on plants. I thought if it were true all large grower/retailers would do it. I bet you had no diseases though lol.
LOL, no diseases. Then again I only have a tiny bit of fungus when taking them out of the fridge in the beginning of February. So the Scott's won't go to waste, at least I have a lifetime supply of it now.
Propag8 liked this
Help Save My Adelae (Urgent)

Possibly temperature extremes. Couldn't be sure […]

Indica complex!

Very nice. The serpens seeds I got from you germi[…]

Maxsea extreme dilution

I've been reading up on that as well. I hear it ca[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0171. I'll PM[…]

Heliamphora sarracenioides

A few pics of this unique species from clones in m[…]

Hydroponic setup help.

Hello, I’m looking to automate my CP setup a[…]

Not sure about any details on that specific plant,[…]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200919/ea086d0[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!