FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Bixtor36
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums but have been growing carnivorous plants for over a decade. I was always been big on VFTs for the longest time. Having lived in Raleigh, NC, I spent a lot of time in the summer in the Wilmington area, so I got to see all kinds of CP out in the wild. This further fueled my interest in growing my own varieties, and moved into Drosera and Sarrancenia over the past 7 years or so.

Now that I'm living in Cincinnati, I have the additional challenge of having to bring my CP indoors to winterize. Last winter, my clump of S. Alabamensis that I had for 7 years got a fungal infection over the winter. I treated it, but nothing came back this year. This hit hard, as it was actually my first pitcher plant, and of course it is relatively hard to get a specimen of these days.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you all and increase my skills (and collection 😁) and hopefully I won't have to see another casualty Iike this one!

I'm excited to discuss CP with others who share this passion. Here's to many more years of CP fun!

Cheers,
Bixtor36
By Hurtrus
Hello Bixtor!
I grew up around Cincinnati... 5 minutes from Kings Island in fact! Welcome to the forums!
1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!