FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optimus prime
When should I start doing dormancy, I’m planning on putting all my plants in a ziplock and then putting it in the fridge after the plants experience a frost of course
By Cross
Why do you want them to experience a frost? It may kill them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
optimus prime wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 pm When should I start doing dormancy, I’m planning on putting all my plants in a ziplock and then putting it in the fridge after the plants experience a frost of course
What plants are you referring to specifically? Many plants do not require a dormancy, so you could do much more harm than good.
By optimus prime
I’m putting my vft and my darts in dormancy and my one tracyi. The frost will only kill the non dormancy plants which I don’t plan on putting outside
By Cross
optimus prime wrote:I’m putting my vft and my darts in dormancy and my one tracyi. The frost will only kill the non dormancy plants which I don’t plan on putting outside
You becareful with that frost. Take it from someone who lost their collection twice. Frost can kill everything down to the rhizome. I just watch the weather and then bring them in when the temps dip below or close to freezing. If the days are still sunny and great, I'll carefully carry them outside in trays and put them out during the warm sunny hours. If things stay in the 30's or low 40's, At that point I'll keep them inside under lights until everything dies into dormancy or I'll just put them next door (it's not heated so it stays between 40 to 50 degrees.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By optimus prime
Alright thanks
By Panman
Agreed. When temps start to get low enough at night but are still fairly warm in the daytime, I will toss a tarp over all of them for the night. Once the daytime temperatures are low, I pile a bunch of leaves over the top of everything.
optimus prime liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!