FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By aprilsobsessed2020
Alright I’m just a beginner so I’m still learning the types of everything. If anyone wants to help me i.d. Some plants I’d be so grateful!

Sarracenia

Scarlet Belle
S. Flava
Drosera

Drosera spatulata (x2)
Drosera capensis
D. Filiformis v. Filiformis (from @mikeb)
D. Filiformis Hybrids (from @mikeb) 🙂🙂 got 6 new ones and I LOVE them!

Flytraps!
Typical (x5)
Most of them were death box saves. My first carnivorous plants Image

Napenthes
So these guys I have 5 of and I’m not sure what any of them are. Most of them are still small and immature so I know getting an I.d is more difficult

Always looking to build!! Open to any sales offers Image
Last edited by aprilsobsessed2020 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Apollyon
Welcome to the forum! I'm personally not a Nepenthes expert but a couple people on here know their stuff. That's a cool list, you have a lot of variety out of the gate. That's how I did it too lol. Personally, I'm in the process of propagating and growing a host of Drosera and Pinguicula varieties. I've also collected some seed from a few that I'm testing before donating to the seed bank (Capensis Alba, Multifida Ex., "Marston Dragon" (this is a cultivar so if the seed ends up being viable at all, it'd be an x self. or a hybrid multifida x marston, Filiformis FL Red). I have some Drosera x Hercules from root cuttings that are well on their way, they'll be ready in a while. They're small now but that's a cool cultivar and it's the real deal. I have some pinguicula esseriana, ehlersiae, pirouette, and moranensis I propagated that I transplanted and they'll be ready to go much sooner. They're small though (some stay that way). As far as potted Drosera, I have some Binata Multifida Extrema and Marston Dragons which are good to go if you're interested. If you grow indoors then MD tends to grow more upright, M.E seems to stay more compact outdoors compared to it. They're both neat and throwing up flowers. I have them growing outdoors in Florida with no trouble.
By ChefDean
Yes. On each post, below the date/time stamp, above the post number on the right is a settings symbol and an arrow pointing down. Click it, a drop down menu will open, click edit, and go nuts.
By optimus prime
I just started some drosera alicae leaf cuttings when the plantlets sprout and get bigger I’ll give you one
By optimus prime
I just planted them so It will take a few weeks for sprouts and another 2 weeks to get them to growing size. It could be sooner but I’ll reach out when they are ready
By optimus prime
aprilsobsessed2020 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 pm No problem. I’ll be here patiently waiting Image
Sounds good if I get any more seedling or planlets I’ll let you know.I should have some Sarracenia minor seed next year I can share with you.
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!