FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optimus prime
I’ve been looking for some cobra Lilly plants and seeds for a while but they are always out of stock. I had to turn to the shopping section of google (oh god) after scrolling through thousands of “super rare bonsai diy rare bug beating cobra lilies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *****RARE 3 seed limit*****”
I finally found one labeled “cobra lily seeds-10 pack. I bought them and they should be here soon if they germinate I’ll let y’all know but if they don’t they were 3 bucks so I’ll be ok with it.
By ChefDean
What source? All the fake seeds have made it dang near impossible to find real suppliers.
Post a pic of the seeds when you get them so we can see if they may be real or fake.
optimus prime liked this
By optimus prime
ChefDean wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:02 pm What source? All the fake seeds have made it dang near impossible to find real suppliers.
Post a pic of the seeds when you get them so we can see if they may be real or fake.
Will do. The name is “the winds of fruit” or something like that. If they are fake it’s good my birthday just passed so I’m loaded right now😂
By optimus prime
Just looked it up the site is called trade winds fruit. It’s seem sorta legit but we’ll have to see
By optimus prime
I usually can tell when it’s fake but this one is in between
By Shadowtski
The ICPS has a collection of CP Seed Images here: https://www.carnivorousplants.org/about ... seedimages
The seeds are photgraphed on a 1mm grid.
Darlingtonia seeds are included in this collection.
There is no way to link directly to the Cobra Pitcher seed image.
Scroll down the list and click.
This is what your seeds should look like.
By optimus prime
Alright I’ll see if it’s right. Thanks!
By optimus prime
Ok so they are brown if I do not receive those I won’t even bother to plants them
By ChefDean
The site seems legit, but there are a couple of bad reviews by some that their seeds didn't perform as they expected. But those were mostly tomato and other garden seeds. I guess those buyers didn't understand what "open pollinated" meant.
There are no reviews for their Cobras, that is a little red flag. Maybe you could be the first if you get good seed and germination. I'm sure Cobras are incompatible with tomatoes, so you won't get a round, red Cobra unfortunately.
If they don't look like Cobra seeds, plant them anyway. You still might get a nice heirloom tomato.
Chef
By optimus prime
If these turn out to be fake I’ll have no other choice but to order from *shudders* bug biting plants
By optimus prime
Berrybob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:39 pm I have some darlingtonia seeds planted right now, I might be able to trade one of them once they get big enough.
Maaan that would be awesome thanks! All I really have to trade right is some alicae cuttings and some tracyi cutting. I’m fixing to start some alicae cutting I can give you some of the baby plants too.
By Berrybob
I only have three seeds because I missed them in the seed bank before. They are real, Chefdean was feeling generous and gave them to me. I'll PM you if all three of them germinate
By optimus prime
Berrybob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm I only have three seeds because I missed them in the seed bank before. They are real, Chefdean was feeling generous and gave them to me. I'll PM you if all three of them germinate
Sounds good.finger crossed 🤞

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!