FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
About a week ago, I casually mentioned to my wife that I was thinning my sundew herd down and was going to focus more on Flytraps and Sarrs.
What does she do? She feeds my addiction by getting me two of these. Apparently she listened to me over the years talking about VFT's, because they're both labeled as B-52's. Whether that's accurate or not remains to be seen, but I don't care.
She not only took the time to find these, but to make sure, as best she could, that they were a nice cultivar.
We've only been married almost 26 years, but I think I'll keep her.
20200730_145839.jpg
20200730_145839.jpg (3.96 MiB) Viewed 2660 times
uxleumas, Shadowtski, Adriana and 4 others liked this
By Panman
My wife and I have been married 30 years. I was scrolling through some CP posts one night and she looks over at a picture of Pinguicula and says, "That's pretty. You don't have any of those." Challenge accepted! I also told her about S. purpurea 'Brunswick Beauty' that is from Brunswick County, NC. She has family in that area and said, "You definitely need to add that to your collection." Yep, she's a keeper!
By optimus prime
ChefDean wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 pm About a week ago, I casually mentioned to my wife that I was thinning my sundew herd down and was going to focus more on Flytraps and Sarrs.
What does she do? She feeds my addiction by getting me two of these. Apparently she listened to me over the years talking about VFT's, because they're both labeled as B-52's. Whether that's accurate or not remains to be seen, but I don't care.
She not only took the time to find these, but to make sure, as best she could, that they were a nice cultivar.
We've only been married almost 26 years, but I think I'll keep her.
20200730_145839.jpg
You’ve got a keeper dean
By ChefDean
Adriana wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:04 pm Now we'll have more experiments of getting a flytrap out of a bottle!
I watched the video put out by the supplier and I'm pretty confident I can do it.
I'll let you know.
Panman, Adriana liked this
By ChefDean
xanthoparmelia wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 am I bought one of those a couple years ago, and I ended up with 35+ plants. Assuming they survive the transition out of the bottle, you'll have a boatload of flytraps.
If I get half that, I guess I'll be giving some away. Good thing that #1, I bought a lot of good NZLFSM from Matt. And #2, I got about 20 seven inch deep pots from Lowes for free.
When the Lowes by my house dumps their dead house plants, they dump the contents in the trash, but put the plastic pot on a rack to be recycled. Many times they let this rack overflow with pots, trays, and other plastic before they empty it.
Take 'em home, wash 'em out, fill 'em with moss, and plant a little plant.
Oh, and last time, they were purple!
Adriana liked this

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!