FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optimus prime
So I got this sundew about a week ago online. The next day it was floppy and saggy. So I asked people on the forum for help and they said the put a ziplock bag over it and poke a hole in it each day which I did but now it looks worse it’s not sprouting any new growth what should i do?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2184 times
By Adriana
Did you contact the seller for advice? I am more a regular houseplant person, I don't know as much about Drosera. If it were a houseplant I would have a look at the roots, but I don't know if the root system of this cultivar is delicate.

I think that leaf is a goner so I wouldn't bother with the plastic bag. I'd contact the seller and see if you can expect the plant to sprout new leaves.

What a bummer! It's a gorgeous sundew.
By optimus prime
Curious plant I’ve got plants form there before and they’ve been fine. I also got a cape sundew with it and it’s doing good
By Nepenthes0260
Andromeda, schizandra, prolifera, and adelae are difficult plants to ship bare-root. When I got my Andromeda it looked like yours so I bagged it and a few weeks later it was growing new leaves. I would try to use that last remaining leaf as a cutting by floating it in water.
By optimus prime
Ok I bagged it for a week but it started to grow mold I contacted the seller I think they are going to send me a new one
Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!