FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
Anyone else grow the Cephalotus clone Purple Black? (Is it Black Purple or Purple Black?) Mine is starting to put out a ton of mature pitchers, and is starting to get some nice color. Might be one of my favorites. Should look amazing in a few months.

Nepenthes0260 liked this
By optimus prime
I currently don’t have any Albany pitcher plants buts it’s a beautiful plant
By Matt
I've not kept up with the Cephalotus cultivars that have emerged in the last 7 or 8 years, so I've not even heard of that one. It looks nice!

I was just gifted an OG Black Cephalotus:
https://cpn.carnivorousplants.org/artic ... p87_94.pdf

So far it looks really great and has gotten me interested in growing Cephs again!!
By jkochuni
Matt wrote:I've not kept up with the Cephalotus cultivars that have emerged in the last 7 or 8 years, so I've not even heard of that one. It looks nice!

I was just gifted an OG Black Cephalotus:
https://cpn.carnivorousplants.org/artic ... p87_94.pdf

So far it looks really great and has gotten me interested in growing Cephs again!!
You are quite lucky I have been wanting one. It sure looks beautiful.
By jkochuni
I also got this Stephen Morley Vigorous Clumping. It’s just starting to put out some leaves and traps, but it is by far the darkest one I currently have under lights. This picture doesn’t do the color justice...It looks much darker in person. Much darker than my Eden Black at the moment.Image
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Wow, I need a Black Purple.

And that Vig Clumping is looking dark! I just got one so it's good to know that it will color up.
By jkochuni
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Wow, I need a Black Purple.

And that Vig Clumping is looking dark! I just got one so it's good to know that it will color up.
I guess there is two types of VC floating around. One is a standard VC, and the other is Stephen Morley VC. I have both now, but just got the standard VC. I’m interested to see how it will compare.
By Nepenthes0260
jkochuni wrote:

I guess there is two types of VC floating around. One is a standard VC, and the other is Stephen Morley VC. I have both now, but just got the standard VC. I’m interested to see how it will compare.
Oh cool. Didn't know. Mine may not the the Stephen Morley one, I'll ask the seller.
By jkochuni
Nepenthes0260 wrote:
jkochuni wrote:

Oh cool. Didn't know. Mine may not the the Stephen Morley one, I'll ask the seller.
I have them now growing under 600w MarsHydro Lights. They really bring out the color. However, each clone has different colors/characteristics. So far Black Purple is my favorite. It was purchased from Jose at Rainbow Carnivorous Plants. I also have two Eden Blacks that have just started to put out traps. It will be interesting to see how their color compares in time.
By Nepenthes0260
jkochuni wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote:
jkochuni wrote: I guess there is two types of VC floating around. One is a standard VC, and the other is Stephen Morley VC. I have both now, but just got the standard VC. I’m interested to see how it will compare.
I have them now growing under 600w MarsHydro Lights. They really bring out the color. However, each clone has different colors/characteristics. So far Black Purple is my favorite. It was purchased from Jose at Rainbow Carnivorous Plants. I also have two Eden Blacks that have just started to put out traps. It will be interesting to see how their color compares in time.
Cool! I grow mine indoors under CobKits lights. It gets them pretty dark, but the ones that naturally have dark pitcher genes still stand out. I was going to get a Purple Black from Rainbow CP on an auction, but the price went a little high for me :( . Eden Black is high on my want list, so if you ever have one you're looking to trade please message me!
By jkochuni
Nepenthes0260 wrote:
jkochuni wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Oh cool. Didn't know. Mine may not the the Stephen Morley one, I'll ask the seller.
Cool! I grow mine indoors under CobKits lights. It gets them pretty dark, but the ones that naturally have dark pitcher genes still stand out. I was going to get a Purple Black from Rainbow CP on an auction, but the price went a little high for me :( . Eden Black is high on my want list, so if you ever have one you're looking to trade please message me!
I’m going to try and take some pullings after they get settled in.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!