FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Lawndude84
Just thought I'd post some updated photos of all my tropicals and temperates im over wintering under lights.

These 2 plants I decided to let over winter in the terrarium since they were so small. Red Piranha and Cupped Traps.

This is my Binata X Marston Dragon with its newest set of leaves. It looks much more intimidating now that it's making mature leaves.

My Typical Capensis. Looks much better now that I trimmed the inactive/dryed up leaves. I also think it is growing a bit better now.

My Red Capensis, which looks silly since it is getting red pigment now.

My Capensis Alba. I think this is my healthiest sundew. It might be my favorite too.

My new D.Californica from Lowes. From the way the growth looks on these, they look like they were straight out of TC into the death cubes, so I decided to over-winter them under the lights.

My runt Adelae, this little guy was in bad shape when I got him from lowes. I ended up decapitating it back in November, this is the new growth since then.

When I bought this plant, I thought it was a Ventricosa. Now I honestly don't know what it is.

My Shipping shocked Steno

My Judith Finn, which wasn't packaged very well when I got it and is going through major shock. The nice big pitcher on it dried up so I chopped it off. I'm sure it will be fine with time. I'm not upset since it was a bonus plant ;) .

hope you enjoy!
By Matt
Nice looking collection!

The 'Red Piranha' and 'Cupped Trap' plants are very small. Were those pullings you got or did you purchase them that small?

That unidentified nep you have appears to be a N. sanguinea. Once that large pitcher matures, you'll be able to tell better.

I too grow the N. Judith Finn and I've noticed that it's sensitive to being repotted and quite a slow grower. I'm not surprised at the shock it's in right now.
By plantlover
That nep resembles sanguinea, wait for it to grow larger mature pitchers first. Your capensis are beautiful, mine died and was left with a single tiny capensis.
The darlingtonia is so cute. I love darlingtonia so much.
By Lawndude84
plantlover wrote:That nep resembles sanguinea, wait for it to grow larger mature pitchers first. Your capensis are beautiful, mine died and was left with a single tiny capensis.
The darlingtonia is so cute. I love darlingtonia so much.
Thank you :) yeah im a sucker for Darlingtonia too. I almost bought their whole stock lol. 4.95 a plant is pretty darn good for Cobra Plants.

Yeah Matt I paid for the Red Piranha, It was the 2nd fly trap I had ever ordered so I didn't know what small was then ;). The cupped traps sharing the pot was a bonus plant.

Thanks for the ID too, both of you.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!