FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By JoshDoe
I wanna buy a large amount of seeds across many genus I've been looking at a few places I found rare exotic seed.com I'm wondering if anyone knows if they're good or trash fake seeds
By ChefDean
No personal experience, but I've heard that you get what you order. However, the viability is often questioned.
People have reported germination rates all over the board, and age of seeds or storage questions went unanswered.
On the other hand, they're not too bad on price. So if the sprouts are few, you're not out too much coin.
By uxleumas
rareexoticseeds.com is fake and should be advoided, however, rarexoticseeds . com is an okay site to go. i've bought from them. i wouldn't buy their nepenthes seeds since they're a tad old, about 4~5 months. they give real seeds from the correct type of plant but mine haven't sprouted so i can't say anything about being the correct species. remember, if it has 4 "e"s in total, it's fake and don't go there, but if it only has 3 "e"s , with the e at the end of rare and the start of exotic fused together into rarexotic, it's legit as far as i can tell. they have pretty nice custommer support but you might need to send twice and it takes up to a week for a reply. i got a reply when i asked when one of the nepenthes seeds were harvested. i suggest buying their GA3 since it's relatively cheap and also is real, or at least it isn't fake as far as i can see. my nepenthes seeds haven't germinated but that's probaly be using the wrong moss (amazon terratium moss that claims to be spagnum but i'm not to sure.)
By JoshDoe
A second look and I'm on the legit site. Good advice on the nepenthes I was going to buy 1 of every variety available. Maybe this time I'll just buy 1 or 2 and see if I can get a couple started. Instead I'll buy more urts and drosera
By ChefDean
uxleumas, good catch. Since he spaced the name out, I assumed he meant rarexoticseeds.com. Thank you for clarifying and pointing him in the right direction.
By Nepenthes0260
I haven't heard good things about them. I think the seeds are the real deal, but most of them are quite old. I haven't heard of many people who got any germination.
By Huntsmanshorn
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:47 am I haven't heard good things about them. I think the seeds are the real deal, but most of them are quite old. I haven't heard of many people who got any germination.
The common stuff is okay but not great, you can forget about the rare stuff though.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By encyclia
Ordered about $90 US of seeds back in September of 2020.
Seeds never showed. Initially got responses stating to wait for long shipping duration. After January 2021, I told them they never arrived and wanted a refund. They stopped responding at this point.
Perhaps seeds were confiscated by US customs, I don't know. I asked them if they were shipping from overseas and they wouldn't respond to that either, although they are UK based so I would assume so.

Will not order from them again. If you are in UK, perhaps they are OK, but would avoid orders to USA.

Cheers
By Panman
I actually think they at in Canada but I'm not sure. Depending where you are you have differing luck getting seeds from overseas. In Georgia, they always get confiscated.
By Bahzing
In my opinion, no they are not reputable.
I paid them $30.00, in December 2021, on the 9th, they charged my credit card but didn't send me anything until Feb 2022, and the package was torn open so I got nothing.
I contacted them 3 times. But was unable to dredge up anyone to help me. I'm not sure if they sent my package with it open or if the post office actually got it after it was torn.
Anyhow, I got nothing and I'm out 30 dollar, and have no seeds. :evil:

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!