FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By schmeg
Five weeks ago my 25 Baby Venus Flytraps for 25 Dollars from the FlytrapStore arrived.

47 actual plants!

I detangled them and pseudo-potted them in a wee taco of LFSM wrapped in a tube of paper, packed in FTS peat mix. Some of the tiniest sprouts have lost their original leaves, but all 47 are putting up new leaves.

Most are stabilized with 5 or 6 leaves. There's one monster (foreground of photo) that has bravely put up a flower stalk (was sad to pinch it off).

My untrained eye thinks that these all look like typical Typicals, except for one distinctly reddish one. And maybe one has a curvier trap arch...

Wisconsin weather is still too miserable to put them outside, so they are still getting leggy under a grow light with occasional field trips to the deck on sunny days.
25babies.JPG
25babies.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 4523 times
By Matt
Lots and lots of baby flytraps there! Glad to see they went to a good home :D
schmeg wrote:My untrained eye thinks that these all look like typical Typicals, except for one distinctly reddish one. And maybe one has a curvier trap arch...
They are all plants I grew from seed from our standard FlytrapStore seed mix. They all should have some significant genetic variation and some will likely look similar to some cultivars, but none of them are named cultivars unless they were mislabeled or lost-labeled plants that we couldn't identify so we stuck in with the other seed-grown flytraps.

Hope the weather improves so they can get outside soon! They definitely would appreciate more light but still look quite healthy. Good growing to you!
schmeg, Dionae liked this
By schmeg
Thanks for the plants, Matt. I do look forward to discovering their special characteristics when they fill out more.

We had snow on Mother's Day! Looking forward to July when spring will finally arrive in Wisconsin.
Matt liked this
By Apollyon
Very nice! I'll have to start checking the site more regularly. It appears to be updated quite often and I end up missing out on some of the good stuff :lol: I did score a pack of seeds that I'm hoping will give me some interesting mutations, who knows
By Propag8
Lovely shape to the trap on the left hand side. Very nice reminds me a bit of the trap shape on FTS flaming lips I recently seen for the first time similar shark like teeth too. :D

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!