FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By pb93+
I am looking for some species of carnivorous plant that does well in lower light conditions. I would like to place a plant in my living room, but my apartment is east facing and has a wide balcony between the living room wall and the exterior of the balcony. I have several nepenthes, cephalotus, dionaea, and sarracenia in a dedicated grow area, but would like something for more decorative purposes. I've heard some drosera and utricularia do well in such conditions. I would appreciate any advice from anyone willing to help.
By pb93+
Almost no direct sun in this area. It stays moderately bright, but the patio is too deep to allow any direct sun into the interior space.
By Huntsmanshorn
pb93+ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:42 pm Almost no direct sun in this area. It stays moderately bright, but the patio is too deep to allow any direct sun into the interior space.
Ouch, that's not much light. As Joshuamarshall792 recommends the Australian lance leaf sundew aka Drosera adelae. I doubt much else would work, and I'm not too sure about that, but its worth a try. I'd probably go with the "giant" form but your tastes may differ.
pb93+, MikeB liked this
By tib777
A lot of Mexican Pinguiculas do good in low light, one is P. emarginata

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!