FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
Hey everyone, I attached 3 pix of some of my flytraps which are a wally, purple ambush, and deep red guerilla. I live in Arizona so it has been very hot lately with an average of around 105 degrees. Some of my other flytraps had mites so I have sprayed everything twice with bio advanced 3-1 this summer so far. With the pictures I have attached to this post, does it more or less look like sun damage or still mites or some other kind of insect damage? Any help is always greatly appreciated!
Attachments:
ambushresize.jpg
ambushresize.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 2411 times
deepredresize.jpg
deepredresize.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 2411 times
wallyresize.jpg
wallyresize.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2411 times
By uxleumas
the small black part in picture 3? it doesn't look much like sun damage since the leaves turn waveyish. could be heat damage though. i have no idea why the leaves are as long as the traps though. i think mite damage looks more like brown specks. i think apply bio advanced 3-1 just to be safe.
frankgrimes087 liked this
By ChefDean
My thoughts are that your description hit it on the head. Flytraps do experience triple digit temps from time to time, but not often and they have the high humidity that goes with it. Being in Arizona, triple digit temps and single digit humidity being the norm, your plants are just a bit heat stressed.
I would try to keep them in the shade all the time, and try to devise a way to increase the humidity right around them. Maybe surround them with extra trays full of water. Don't put the traps in the new trays and you can fill them with the hose.
Just a thought.
By rikos4ey
frankgrimes087 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:40 pm With the pictures I have attached to this post, does it more or less look like sun damage or still mites or some other kind of insect damage? Any help is always greatly appreciated!
Im going through the same thing right now in Hawaii. My traps look similar to yours. We are not in triple digit heat but we are definitely in the 90's. I grow them outside and they were getting probably 6 hours of direct sunlight. I just moved it closer to my house so that it can get shaded and only receive full sunlight towards the end of the day. We'll see how it works out.
frankgrimes087 liked this

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!