FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By rikos4ey
During this pandemic, I purchased my flytraps. So far, they look great. Always had a fascination to the plant so I finally decided to get one and raise them.

Im in Hawaii so I'm curious as to what I should be doing for the winter as it doesnt get to really really low temperatures. If there is anyone here from Hawaii, id like to hear your process.
By rikos4ey
sanguinearocks101 wrote:Welcome to the forums! Vfts don’t have to get really low temperatures to go dormant, it is mainly the amount of light it gets. I’m not sure if the light levels would change enough to make it go dormant in Hawaii though.
What temperature do you think it would need to get to? Where I live, the temperature at night will not go below 50F. Probably not even 55F.

I grow it outside, so..the amount of light it gets is at least 5 hours of direct sunlight.
By MikeB
Under the FlytrapCare.com link at the top of the page, there's an article called Venus flytrap dormancy. It has a section called "The refrigerator method". Read the article and then come back with any questions.
By DragonsEye
Which island are you on, Rik?
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!