FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ok7770
This question is primarily regarding my Drosera x Marston Dragon, but I've noticed this behavior with my other two sundews as well. The new leaves have been growing out beautifully, very healthy and dewy. But within a month, the tentacles tend to curl up and the leaf produces significantly less mucilage. The leaf itself sticks around for about 2-3 months before really drying up and dying down. It really depends on the plant's mood I suppose... some leaves seem to last longer than others.

I have my sundews growing on a plant stand outside on my deck. Each has its own little saucer for watering. The Marston Dragon is on a part of the stand which gets direct sunlight from the morning until the late afternoon (would you consider that "full sun"?). It catches a decent amount of flies/gnats and grows prolifically. I live in Southern California - generally high temperatures during the day and a nice cooldown at night.

So is this normal behavior or should the leaves be lasting much longer than they have been?

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!