FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By DRubs20
I’m not sure if this is the best forum for this, but I have several types of CP coming in. I’m pretty sure the sarracenia I got from a local nursery had scale insects and potentially aphids, so I wanted to ask how you all set up quarantine zones for new plants. Do you have any tips on what to check for, and how long to keep them separated? I feel like I’m overly cautious with pests, but I’ve had a few other plants die from pests so I want to keep my main grow area as pest free as possible. I live in an apartment so everything I grow is currently indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By DRubs20
Sundeewz wrote:I don't quarantine them. If the infection spreads, oops. I'll just have to use neem oil.
That’s what I’m leaning towards, I have neem oil on hand and I’d really like to get them set up with good lights and humidity asap. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
I have a fairly large collection that I wish to protect.
New incoming plants go into a 10 gallon glass fish tank separated from my other plants.
After 2 - 4 weeks in isolation, if they're observed to be pest free, they can go in with the rest of my plants.
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!