FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By MikeB
FunkeePanda wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:45 pm@MikeB, did you even use the pullings that were touching the rot, if I may ask?
Yes, I did. I used every leaf that wasn't showing any sign of rot, including the two that were next to the rotted crowns. All of them did great, including the old ones that had already lost their traps. My high impression of flytrap resiliency went up a couple more notches after seeing that.
FunkeePanda wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 pmLike the sound of that!!! My perlite looks ugly at the top. not going to lie...
I pot mine in a 3:1:1 mix of peat moss, perlite, and coarse sand. On the top of the pots, I put a 0.5 inch / 1 centimeter layer of sphagnum moss. It prevents the rain from washing the perlite out of the pots, it helps hold in water, and it looks nice.
FunkeePanda liked this
By FunkeePanda
@MikeB,

So my Trevs Drac is basically a goner. I've planted all the leaves. Some upright, some lying on the soil. We will see what happens.

I've re-potted all my vft. Something uplifting in the re-pot is how generous FTS is with how many flytraps they sometimes give per order. I think 3 of my re-pots actually had 3 instead of one vft in the pot. Some had mild rotting from my novice care, but all in all it looks like everything is going to end up alright.

Here's to hope that G16 and Trev pull a miracle.

I was freaking out and going to make another post about how deep to get the rhizome in the soil while re-potting because I did it way higher than when it came. Did some looking around the forum, and found something from 2010 that put me at ease, which is that it doesn't matter.

So, as a gentleman named Jaws said in 2010 "Cheers chaps, i shall sleep easy now :P "
By Apollyon
Hey man, sorry to post this so late but here is the pic of the division that recovered. It appears to be rapidly recovering and the traps are starting to get large enough to catch some bugs again. Hoping yours pull through!
Attachments:
20200711_134304.jpg
20200711_134304.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1631 times

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!