FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By DRubs20
Hello,

I’m fairly new to the world of carnivorous plants. In college, I worked with nut trees in a research lab, so a lot of my at home plant interest has been attempting to grow tropical fruit trees, but I don’t do much with that due to how much space they take. If you’re wondering, I worked in tissue culture from seed. Most of my research was in pistachio plants and trying to get them to root, and the conditions I have now are very different.

There’s aspects I’m trying to learn better that I didn’t really have to deal with as a student as they were already set up, so I’m here looking for advice on how to properly care for these cute and intriguing plants!

Anyways, I’m a vegetarian, mid-20s and I live in California. I’m spoiled by local nursery options and managed to have 4 carnivorous plants in the span of 2 months. I’ve got a few plants coming in the mail (mostly nepenthes), and some seeds as well. I seriously considered horticulture as a grad school option after I graduated with a genetics degree, but I’ve been flip flopping between that and an MBA. Regardless, my college job has left me with a love of plants and these plants are small enough that I feel like I can have some fun with them!
By evenwind
Welcome to the Forum! Sounds like you might want to visit the Artificial Lighting sub-forum?
Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!