FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By JoshDoe
Is it hard to grow/germinate? If so I might switch to something easier unless you can give me a quick walkthrough. Thanks!!!!
By ChefDean
So far, I've only grown Sarrs from a rhizome. I have two types of Sarr seeds stratifying right now, but I haven't yet tried to grow them from seed. This will be my first time.
I have tried temperate sundews, but only had success with one.
It sounds like you're questioning your choice, so tell you what. Maybe pick one of the complex crosses that we have a bunch of seeds for, and this will sound weird, so you can learn on one we have excess seed of. As a bonus, I have a Lowes death cube Sarr that is cooking up a pod of seeds, and I'll send you some of those seeds when they ripen. They will be fresh, so they'll likely have a nice germination rate.
Whatever you choose, the Leuco or a different cross plus free seed when they ripen, they will need a minimum of two months cold and moist stratification. Whether you do it outside, naturally, over the winter, or in your fridge, cold stratification is necessary for germination.
Think about it and let me know tomorrow and we'll make the request official.
Shadowtski liked this
By ChefDean
JoshDoe wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:19 am I'll take whatever complex cross the bank has the most of. I appreciate the free death cube too! Yeah I've never grown a Sarr from seed. I wanna do this the right way from the start!
In that regard, I changed your request to Sarr 008. I'll try to remember to hit you up when my seeds are ripe. Since I usually give my seeds away, if you see a giveaway hosted by me for Sarr death cube seeds, make sure to PM me to remind me.
By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 0087.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

For Sarracenia or Dionaea seeds, I strongly suggest you use a 70 cent non-machinable stamp on your return envelope. (The inside one) For Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia seeds, the extra postage is not necessary.
If you can't find a non-machinable stamp, I suggest a forever stamp plus a 15 cent stamp or two regular forever stamps on your return envelope.
The USPS machinery loves to crush those seeds. 

Reminder to all:
Please remember return address on all envelopes.
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
By JoshDoe
SASE sent. I used 1 stamp but included coin protectors which have been working for seeds so far. I included 2 in case the death cubes are ready if not double up wrapping seeds in both protectors and they should be snug as a bug in a rug. THANKS!
By ChefDean
Death cube seeds are still cooking, I expect fall before they're ready as long as I pollinated them correctly. I'll keep you in mind when they are good to go.
Dean
Perlite from Ebay

yeah it does look realllly sketchy on their websit[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!