FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By kato_stud25
Is it alright to spray flowering or pollinated flowered flytraps with Bayer 3in1? Also most of my plants are close in proximity should I treat plants near known plants being treated? Also is there a better time morning vs evening to treat? Thanks
By ChefDean
Yes. Yes. No.
Just do a light application at first, once a week. Monitor your plants, it may take a few weeks. If the infestation is heavy, and your plants aren't showing adverse effects, you could up it to two light treatments a week.
However, keep an eye on your plants for reactions and discontinue if they start to go down.
By kato_stud25
Ok so yes it's safe to treat flowering-seeding flytraps, yes I should treat near by plants that I'm treating, and no theres no better time to spray? Did I get that correct?
By ChefDean
Yes sir, you got that correct. Start very light, increase slightly if necessary. One to two times per week for a few weeks. You'll take care of the issue in no time.
By Rudy1776
ChefDean wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 am Yes sir, you got that correct. Start very light, increase slightly if necessary. One to two times per week for a few weeks. You'll take care of the issue in no time.
Glad I found this post! I see so much differing advice on pesticides, glad to see a consolidated one haha! I also have Bayer 3-1 too and plan to use it in light applications once a week or so as a preventative.
Is Bayer 3-1 okay for Napenthes too?
By ChefDean
It should be. But, as with everything, moderation and monitor. Start light, watch for signs of harm to the plant, watch for desired effect. Discontinue use if the plant starts showing adverse signs.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!