FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By kato_stud25
What neem oil have you have used and had success with? Also mixing ratio and how often to use for infestations or even for prevention? Any links to products used would be great. Thanks
By ChefDean
I don't mess with neem oil, many people used Bayer 3 in 1 (now Bioadvanced 3 in 1) for pest and fungal control. While it was available in a ready to use, hand held spray bottle as Bayer, I can't find it as Bioadvanced.
You could buy the concentrated stuff and dilute it down in a spray bottle yourself. Or you could use something else. I just bought ready to use Ortho 3 in 1 and I use that. It's similar to Bioadvanced, topical and systemic insecticide and miticide, plus sulphur to treat and prevent fungus.
Just spray the plant lightly once or twice a week as necessary.
By mcgrumpers
I used been at (I think) 3cc per liter of water. No soap is needed if you shake the bottle a lot. Aphids were gone after 1 or 2 applications. Most of my plants were unphased by it but my sundews were pissed. I don't know if it makes sense to use been preventatively and I imagine the frequency of treatment depends on what pest you're dealing with.
By kato_stud25
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm I don't mess with neem oil, many people used Bayer 3 in 1 (now Bioadvanced 3 in 1) for pest and fungal control. While it was available in a ready to use, hand held spray bottle as Bayer, I can't find it as Bioadvanced.
You could buy the concentrated stuff and dilute it down in a spray bottle yourself. Or you could use something else. I just bought ready to use Ortho 3 in 1 and I use that. It's similar to Bioadvanced, topical and systemic insecticide and miticide, plus sulphur to treat and prevent fungus.
Just spray the plant lightly once or twice a week as necessary.
So I got some of that bayer 3 in 1 concentrate is there anything special I need to mix it to strength wise or just follow directions on label ? How often does it need to be applied?
By ChefDean
Just dilute it as per the instructions on the bottle and lightly spray once a week.
Some cp's are hardier than others, so watch them. You'll maybe want to focus specific areas to treat at first, only doing a blanket treatment if necessary.
Last bumped by kato_stud25 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 pm.

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!