FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Chlorophyll_addict
Hey everyone
Thinking of getting a lot of plants from “c o oks car nivores “ if you have bought from them please let me know you experience with them and the condition of your plants! I really am thinking of trying them bcs of their wide variety and amazing prices.
Last edited by Chlorophyll_addict on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Coco
If it's from the seller, Dean Cook, I've bought from his website before. I believe he only ships out once a week with a cutoff time which can be found on the home page. As for his plants, you pretty much get what you paid for. The Venus flytraps were definitely on the smaller side but they were healthy. For drosera, they can get pretty smashed since it's shipped bareroot in a plastic bag but they usually recover after an x amount of time. His Nepenthes are spot on where I'm overall pleased with them. The only thing that I didn't like was how he ships out pygmy drosera bareroot. Root disturbance for that genus is usually fatal and should be shipped potted.
By Chlorophyll_addict
Coco wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:03 pm If it's from the seller, Dean Cook, I've bought from his website before. I believe he only ships out once a week with a cutoff time which can be found on the home page. As for his plants, you pretty much get what you paid for. The Venus flytraps were definitely on the smaller side but they were healthy. For drosera, they can get pretty smashed since it's shipped bareroot in a plastic bag but they usually recover after an x amount of time. His Nepenthes are spot on where I'm overall pleased with them. The only thing that I didn't like was how he ships out pygmy drosera bareroot. Root disturbance for that genus is usually fatal and should be shipped potted.
Have you gotten any sarracenia? I wanted to get some sarracenia, flytraps, darlingtonia and possibly some sundews. I understand the price/size things but I think that it’s too good of prices to pass up.
By Tigerscott79
I've bought from them cooks carnivorous plants they are very reputable as is matt and leah with thier carnivorous plants shop. Btw I dont think its soliciting of answering the question since giving advice and first hand knowledge thier very good place and safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

By Tigerscott79
Tigerscott79 wrote:I've bought from them a carnivorous plant store carnivorous plants they are very reputable as is matt and leah with thier carnivorous plants shop. Btw I dont think its soliciting of answering the question since giving advice and first hand knowledge thier very good place and safe.

C. C. P. Is solid store

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!