FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Tigerscott79
Ice read alot before attempting grow some mixed cultivar selfed seeds ik wont be cultivars but may have few gems pop up to enjoy. Sadly I tried peat perilite mix and so far zero sprouted the substrate mix is getting green slime on top is this attempt ruined fully or salvageable. My 2and attempt used only chopped fine lfs june 13th pm no sprouts but hoping better results . Ik mixes were solid water distilled and plenty light via arcadia jungle dawn led bar plus shop lights with purple/pink 6500 grow led tubes but ugh idk seeds were from Jeremiah's so ik those were legit . Just afraid ruined it altogether will add pictures below. Oh also thier on propagation tray with heat Matt's set to 78.9°f deli cups hole in bottom and slits in top. The lfs seeded cups have no holes in bottom just top for slight o2 exchange .
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
By Benny
I would suggest putting more holes in the lid. The more holes, the better airflow, better airflow means less chance of mold growing. I do not think algae will harm the seedlings. The peat is also a little chunky, but that will not hinder germination. Old seeds can take several months to sprout. Have patience, and the plants will grow themselves!

Good luck!
Apollyon liked this
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Looks fine. I wouldn't stress now. A little algae is nothing to worry about. How long ago were they sowed? Carnivorous plant seedlings take a little while to show life if you didn't already know.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Yeah, I recently germinated some Drosera and they grew through the light film of Algae, I wouldn't sweat that too much either. They're just as small.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in front of the binata in the[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!