FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Tigerscott79
Just wondering If thier is any info out there that shows probable traits known to cross from some of the cultivars . For example (made up example not real) if say boheiman Vft crossed with a green dente say would the red or largeness of bohemian carry over and the green dente's dente teeth/cillia carry over . Ik variables mutations and lots other roles play factor just wasnt sure if anyoneS chatted some of the dominate genetics that possibly carry over and what some the recessive genes carry if both cultivars carry the recessive genes. Sorry if worded poorly just curious

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

By Matt
It is highly dependent on the trait and many other genetic factors. It seems that most often seedlings will look more like the mother plant. Somewhere on these forums a few years back a member who knew a bit about genetics explained about recessive and dominant traits and many other things. I think this is the thread I'm thinking of:
flytraps-seed-grown-vs-cultivar-genetic ... 62-15.html

Genetics is a fairly complex area of biology and determining which traits in Venus flytraps are recessive or dominant hasn't been recorded anywhere that I'm aware of.
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!