FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By chomato
Hey everyone, this Sarracenia has only made a total of 2 pitchers since waking up from dormancy. I asked about an ID a while back and the consensus was that it was some flava hybrid. The temperatures here have been hitting the 90F almost on a daily basis other than a couple of days with rain. I'm worried if maybe it's shocked (pitchers are sun burnt, somewhat). The 'Red Bug' behind seems to be starting to make some as well, whole the third sarracenia in this mini bog is just a slow grower (came with only one root).

How can I differentiate phyllodia from an aborted pitcher? Also, is it too late to report the plant? This bog is about a year old, but only Red Bug has been there since the beginning

As usual, mostly full sun, bog has a drainage hole maybe an inch from the bottom, DI/rainwater only. Zone 9a/9b

PS, the black is just dirt. Theres no top dressing in this bog
20200608_170356.jpg
20200608_170356.jpg (134.04 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
By Panman
Those are definitely phyllodia. 90 is when my flava start to put them out. I think if they were aborted pitchers you would see the stem of the leaf filling out more. It is very disappointing when they stop putting out their pitchers.
Matt liked this
By chomato
Panman wrote:Those are definitely phyllodia. 90 is when my flava start to put them out. I think if they were aborted pitchers you would see the stem of the leaf filling out more. It is very disappointing when they stop putting out their pitchers.
Thanks, look at the leaf on the right. It has an air bubble, which is why I was wondering if they were all aborted pitchers or phyllodia

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!