FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Copper2
What does everyone consider to be the most valuable CP? For me it’s N. rajah
By ChefDean
Yes, that's what he's asking, or best reasonable offer, for that plant. Plus he has claimed to have sold seed grown N. Edwardsiana for well over 1K.
My most valuable is my N. Ventricosa, it eats the wasps, or, as I call them, A-Holes with wings.
By Benny
I enjoy looking at a nice, filled out pot of venus flytraps - where you can't see the soil. I also think that sundews are pretty valuable. They grow fast, seed easily, look pretty, and kill mosquitoes. What more could you wish for!?
By Artchic528
I'd say the most valuable CP would be Amorphophallus Titanum, or Titan Arum. With a name basically translating into "Giant Mishapen Penis" and the worlds largest inflorescence bloom, it's a popular plant to go and see at botanical gardens. However, since that bloom takes 10 years to develop and only lasts for 24-48 hours, it's something you have to see ASAP when it happens, or not at all. The reason why it's loped into the CP family is that it's blooms smell roughly like a 3 day old corpse left rotting in a sunny field. Perfect for tricking carrion beetles and flies to come and pollinate it. That and occasionally a bug dies in the bloom and is absorbed by the plant.

Right now seedlings can fetch $124.99 on sites like California Carnivores. But getting them to grow and successfully bloom isn't always a given, even under the best of care. Speaking of care, getting it to the blooming phase is a task in and of itself. Like I said before, plants take up to 10 years to bloom, and only under expert care (meaning you have to have one hell of a green thumb and know what you are doing every step of the way). Hence why you mostly see them in Botanical Gardens at universities and such.
By MikeB
A few months ago, I saw a Sarracenia hybrid sell for over $1,500 U.S. on eBay. I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy....
By Matt
MikeB wrote:A few months ago, I saw a Sarracenia hybrid sell for over $1,500 U.S. on eBay. I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy....
Whoa! Do you recall the name of the Sarracenia? That's an astounding price, as Sarracenia are super easy to grow and propagate.
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote:
MikeB wrote:A few months ago, I saw a Sarracenia hybrid sell for over $1,500 U.S. on eBay. I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy....
Whoa! Do you recall the name of the Sarracenia? That's an astounding price, as Sarracenia are super easy to grow and propagate.
I know Sarracenia 'Saurus' and Sarracenia "Tower of Terror" have sold on EB for over a grand.
By MikeB
Matt wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:09 pmWhoa! Do you recall the name of the Sarracenia? That's an astounding price, as Sarracenia are super easy to grow and propagate.
It was back in December or January, and I don't recall the name of the hybrid now. It was a new one, large and very pretty. I do recall that the seller would throw in a free Sarracenia 'Megamouth' if the final price was over $1,000.

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!