FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
You can plant them without stratification and you may get some to germinate this year.
Leave the pot outside this Winter and you should have the rest of them germinate next Spring.
Or you can request tropical & subtropical seeds now and request temperate seeds this coming Fall and Winter.
By chomato
Shadowtski wrote:You can plant them without stratification and you may get some to germinate this year.
Leave the pot outside this Winter and you should have the rest of them germinate next Spring.
Or you can request tropical & subtropical seeds now and request temperate seeds this coming Fall and Winter.
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to think about this. I've been part of this forum for almost a year now, so I think it's time to pop that cherry
By sanguinearocks101
chomato wrote:
Shadowtski wrote:You can plant them without stratification and you may get some to germinate this year.
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to think about this. I've been part of this forum for almost a year now, so I think it's time to pop that cherry
I have a filiformis "Florida Red" that I have blooming. I believe it does not require stratification or a dormancy period. Once I collect seed I'll give some to members I have promised some, give some to friends, and donate the rest to the seed bank. Do you know if filiformis self pollinates? I have asked it before but no one answered.
By ChefDean
Another option might be to go ahead and request them now, and just store them in your fridge until this fall. Then sow them and put them outside for the winter or put them back in your fridge for at least 2 months, keeping them moist either way.
Bonus, if you request today or tomorrow, you could double up by waiting until June 1st, request something else, send your SASE after the second request, and get them both in the same envelope. This would save you 2 stamps, while still abiding by the rules of the seeds bank.
Just a thought.
Shadowtski liked this
By chomato
ChefDean wrote:Another option might be to go ahead and request them now, and just store them in your fridge until this fall. Then sow them and put them outside for the winter or put them back in your fridge for at least 2 months, keeping them moist either way.
Bonus, if you request today or tomorrow, you could double up by waiting until June 1st, request something else, send your SASE after the second request, and get them both in the same envelope. This would save you 2 stamps, while still abiding by the rules of the seeds bank.
Just a thought.
Thanks Chef, that's what I was thinking as well. I might put in a request today and later do that 2 for 1 deal you just mentioned
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!