FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
Hey,

I'm about as green as my albino capensis when it comes to cultivating Sundews. This is my first experience with my capensis flowering. It's pretty exciting and I want to see if I can catch the seeds.

I've read these things flower profusely as well as self-pollinate and I imagine mine will probably crank them out, it eats and is fertilized regularly.

I was wondering what you guys do to try to harvest your seeds. I'm trying to avoid having little capensis spread throughout all of my pots so I've pretty much isolated it as best as I can.

Do you guys have any tricks you've used to harvest the seeds before they drop off and invade the pots? Any info is much appreciated!
By ChefDean
As the seed pods darken, I gently twist them off the stalk and bring them inside to finish drying. As they begin to open, I roll them between a finger and thumb over a ready made origami envelope, the seeds fall right in and I don't have to transfer them again.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Thanks guys, these ideas are helpful. I like the idea of getting them directly into an envelope as well. I was thinking of sending some to the seed bank if they're needed at all; to replace what I had requested
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!