FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello y'all!

So I have this random sundew that popped up in my D binatas pot and I am simply wondering what species it may be. At first I thought it was burmannii but now I'm not so sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Copper2
Flytraps have a terminal growth point so after flowering they are replaced by a dormant bud which often results in a separate division or at the very least causes a slight change in growth pattern. It’s a fact so better accept it!
By MikeB
Copper2 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:55 pmFlytraps have a terminal growth point so after flowering they are replaced by a dormant bud which often results in a separate division or at the very least causes a slight change in growth pattern. It’s a fact so better accept it!
And why are you posting that here when it has nothing to do with this message thread?
By Shadowtski
That one plant boi wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:24 pm Hello y'all!

So I have this random sundew that popped up in my D binatas pot and I am simply wondering what species it may be. At first I thought it was burmannii but now I'm not so sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My vote goes into the burmannii box.
Just my 02¢ worth.
Matt liked this
By Benny
MikeB wrote:
Copper2 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:55 pmFlytraps have a terminal growth point so after flowering they are replaced by a dormant bud which often results in a separate division or at the very least causes a slight change in growth pattern. It’s a fact so better accept it!
And why are you posting that here when it has nothing to do with this message thread?
Wrong thread. I think it was meant to be on the flytrap dormancy one by idwano. Just be glad this post wasn't about digestive issues!
By crazy_carnivores
StaatS+17+ wrote:Due to the long snap tentacles in picture.....Burmanni
yep its burmanni. these guys can become pleasant weeds in collections.
By Copper2
Benny wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:54 am
MikeB wrote:
Wrong thread. I think it was meant to be on the flytrap dormancy one by idwano. Just be glad this post wasn't about digestive issues!
Freedom of SPEECH!
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By Benny
Copper2 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:45 am Freedom of SPEECH!
Sure. You (rather your profile) seems to enjoy that amendment. :lol:
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!