FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Lyra
A while ago I bought Spagmoss from besgrow on Amazon, it had great reviews. But when I went to use it, I noticed a lot of twigs and other things mixed in with the moss. Now I'm in need for more LFSM and wanted some recommendations of which brand you uses that has little to no debris.

Thank you and happy growing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Benny
Hmm. I use Besgrow Spagmoss an it has very few sticks. There is the odd pine needle, but not nearly as much as some other brands. I even spotted some new growth points due to spores, despite my constant doubts. Any LFSM for orchids is pretty high quality and has minimal debris. Maybe you just got a weird bag with more in it...?
By Lyra
I was thinking that too. Since, I heard such good reviews on it. Then, I was thinking that I got a counterfeit since it was from Amazon, and there are different sellers. I'll try again and see what happens.

Do you happen to know where else I can buy it from other than Amazon?

By evenwind
I've been getting mine on Ebay but there doesn't seem to be much available there. The US importer for Spagmoss has a list of places where you can purchase it: http://acadiansupply.com/where-to-buy/
By MikeB
Lyra wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pmA while ago I bought Spagmoss from besgrow on Amazon, it had great reviews. But when I went to use it, I noticed a lot of twigs and other things mixed in with the moss. Now I'm in need for more LFSM and wanted some recommendations of which brand you uses that has little to no debris.
That's unusual. Spagmoss is usually the cleanest sphagnum out there. Was all of the dried moss a very pale tan? Did it come in the official orange, green, and white bag?

Better-Gro Premium Grade Orchid moss is a close 2nd when it comes to lack of debris.

I tend to go through a fair amount of moss, and I buy the small bales of SuperMoss. There are a few twigs and roots in the moss, but it's still good quality and less expensive than Spagmoss.
By Lyra
evenwind wrote:I've been getting mine on Ebay but there doesn't seem to be much available there. The US importer for Spagmoss has a list of places where you can purchase it: http://acadiansupply.com/where-to-buy/
Thank you. I'll definitely buy it from one of these sellers this time.

By Lyra

MikeB wrote:That's unusual. Spagmoss is usually the cleanest sphagnum out there. Was all of the dried moss a very pale tan? Did it come in the official orange, green, and white bag?
I don't remember how tan it was, but it did come in the official orange, green, and white colors. Maybe just bad luck.

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!