FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By Joshuamarshall792
Posts:  279
Joined:  Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 pm
#355054
ChefDean wrote:
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 pmUmmmm Matt I don't think that is a meme.....
That is not only a meme, but it is a supremely relevant meme to what you posted in reference to the original post by nana2050, as well as what you posted about the meme itself.
We understand you're only 16, but you need to learn to just move on unless you have a solid, tangible argument to voice. Then, you need to be able to do so in a manner that will not only convey your message, but convey it in a way that encourages civil discourse rather than just stating "No, that's not how it is!"
It's called adulting, and, it sucks, it really does. But you're at a point where you need to start seeing the world as it is, not how it has been spoon fed to you.
We're all here to learn from each other. Matt, the Flytrap King, has even said in other posts that he has learned new information about Flytraps from others. Just a week ago I learned some good things from Matt about Sarracenia and some interesting things about Utrics from Shadowtski, and I have been growing carnivorous plants for 20 years.
If you take that extra step to poke at those that are trying to help, you'll soon find yourself out in the cold.
If you disagree, fine. If you have proof/links to support your argument, great, let's start a discussion. If you disagree just because your opinion differs, then shake your head and move on.
Thank you..... Nobody has ever told me something that would change my life! Thank you chefdean!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
Location: 
Posts:  1018
Joined:  Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am
#355056
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:27 amThank you..... Nobody has ever told me something that would change my life! Thank you chefdean!
Joshuamarshall792 wrote:And that's amazing! You've been growing snappers for 20 f*(#!/& Years?!?!?
No, thank you. You have no idea how well you just proved my point.
Take care.
Panman liked this
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21093
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#355059
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 pm
Matt wrote:I agree with ChefDean and DragonsEye! Remember we are all here to support each other in addition to helping and learning from each other. No one has the right to tell someone else what is important to them. And this interaction reminded me of a meme I saw the other day...not necessarily exactly the same, but still fairly relevant, I think!

0e4faf96f96b779fab3544b481776f2b-600x600.jpg
Ummmm Matt I don't think that is a meme.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Definition of a meme:
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
I would say the quote posted above is certainly an element of culture written by an individual and passed onto me by nongenetic means. Ergo, it would qualify as a meme.
ChefDean, Panman, Benny liked this
User avatar
By Joshuamarshall792
Posts:  279
Joined:  Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 pm
#355090
Okay I understand now! Cool so pretty much people that are stupid brainwashed people to think a meme is a popular joke! But I learned something new!!! Cool Matt!!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Matt liked this
By hungry carnivores
Posts:  249
Joined:  Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:31 am
#355102
Hey man -

It's just me but I'd try to be nicer to these guys, they make this forum possible. I've grown my collection to 50+ species exclusively because of this forum, so I'm plenty grateful for the opportunity.
ChefDean, Panman liked this
Another Tragedy... Help Needed

@uxleumas , All good. Thanks for the feedback. […]

Death cube surprise

Walmart uses the same vendor and their flytraps al[…]

Sade sent.

Pest ID

She can get rid of the aphids by wraping a scotch […]

Lizard!

I came back from my bike ride today and checked th[…]

Red

@hungry carnivores It's called "Red Sangr[…]

Heliamphora

Yes, like Hungry Carnivores said, bag the plant an[…]

Fly trap dormancy is NOT necessary

Provided I feed fertilizer, dormancy is no problem[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!