FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Max_I
When I first received this nepenthes the leaves of were similar coloration but I know that the Hamata side of this plant likes a bit of shade so I’m wondering if my 15w stansi LED is too close or if I can even just rest it on top of my terrarium for more light. I don’t really know anything on the topic of lights except what characteristics to look for so if someone could guide me on how to position it that’d be appreciated.
Attachments:
AF9A978E-5B35-415B-A497-DF3C30BDEA5E.jpeg
AF9A978E-5B35-415B-A497-DF3C30BDEA5E.jpeg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1838 times
By hungry carnivores
Hm. Looks like a nice plant. Maybe back the light up a touch if you don't want it to color up the leaves. However, I quite like it.

Plants can adjust to pretty much anything (within reason). I've been growing my U. Reniformis in dry soil as an experiment and it does fine, low humidity too, since I decreased the humidity/waterlogness slowly. In contrast the plant which I did not acclimate crashed fairly rapidly. This proves perfectly that plants do not really care about light/humididty/water as much as many think, and they can adapt with reason to conditions.

That said, don't stick your hamata in 100 degree greenhouses, or in a desert with no humidity. It's always best to keep plants within their natural range. I provided the above example to prove that, If you cannot accomodate something minor, it is not the biggest issue.
By Max_I
Okay thanks for the reply and the analogy. The color of the leaves really don’t pose any issue for me In comparison to light levels the plant gets. My led is probably less than a foot away which Is perhaps too close for optimum conditions, but just for future reference do you think moving the light would even change anything at all? My glandulifera x Hamata seems to have a lot more glandulifera traits(shape and color) in the leaves while It has more Hamata traits in the pitchers so I’m not sure If that plays a role in the amount of light it likes most. Hybrids can take some guessing lol.

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!