FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By crazy_carnivores
I'm curious as to which I should order from. any suggestions? hows the size difference between the two nurseries and who ships better for a cheaper price?
By crazy_carnivores
xanthoparmelia wrote:BCP isn't shipping right now, so Wistuba would be your only option. What are you looking for? Wistuba primarily sells helis and neps. BCP carries most CP genera and has a good selection of uncommon/rare pings and dews.
I'm mainly looking for helis. however I heard that wistuba plants get so banged up during shipping that it takes a year to recover.
By Copper2
You heard wrong. But any plant looks better after a year of establishing to its new environment
By Nepenthes0260
I ordered helis and neps from Wistuba last year and overall I was pleased. They where very, very large and they were relatively cheap. None came dead and all have recovered since then. His communications leave something to be desired, though. Also, after two weeks or so in the mail system, they are very damaged. My H. parva was so damaged I had to give it a buzz-cut to the soil level. But I ordered the parva as "immature pitcher" and it came with 7" mature pitchers and five or so growth points, so I'm not complaining.
Matt, crazy_carnivores liked this
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!