FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By crazy_carnivores
i had a cyclocecta for about a year, however during the summer it went dormant and never came back. recently the tiny plant shriveled up. I'm not really sure what happened to it, but I would like to try again. does anyone have tips for growing it?
By hungry carnivores
Propagate 'em, sometimes they randomly die! However, you don't really want to keep the dirt as wet as the plants I have bought from you year round, you don't want it dry either. Cyclosecta is one of the pings I keep in full humidity, along with Rotundiflora and Gigantea clones.
By jeff
what substrat use you ?

this plant has a seasonality, so it surprises me that you have a dormancy in summer.
in principle dry or slightly damp dormancy from October to May, from May to October the plant wakes up and can remain outside with always a moist substrate
By Bob Beer
Where do you live? I’ve had plants go dormant at odd times, like spring...the nearest I can figure, it had to do with the fact that then humidity was higher with all the windows closed, but when I opened them in the spring it would go down a bit, along with nighttime temperatures. Usually they’d snap out of it before long. Some of my cyclosectas on lower shelves are still in winter form, while the upper ones are not; one on the top shelf (where it’s warmer also because of fluorescent lights there) never went into then succulent stage at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By crazy_carnivores
jeff wrote:what substrat use you ?

this plant has a seasonality, so it surprises me that you have a dormancy in summer.
in principle dry or slightly damp dormancy from October to May, from May to October the plant wakes up and can remain outside with always a moist substrate
I bought the plant from predatory plants so I'm not exactly sure what the medium is. I think is is one part sand and one part peat.
By crazy_carnivores
Bob Beer wrote:Where do you live? I’ve had plants go dormant at odd times, like spring...the nearest I can figure, it had to do with the fact that then humidity was higher with all the windows closed, but when I opened them in the spring it would go down a bit, along with nighttime temperatures. Usually they’d snap out of it before long. Some of my cyclosectas on lower shelves are still in winter form, while the upper ones are not; one on the top shelf (where it’s warmer also because of fluorescent lights there) never went into then succulent stage at all!
Thanks for the info, I kept it inside so the temperature never dropped below 65 degrees.
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!