FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By nana2050
At 20/19th may of 2020 i used the rain (in the morning) to remove a dead bug from a venus flytrap. Sorry for no proof cuz i wrote this on my pc.
ChefDean liked this
By Benny
That one plant boi wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:43 am Can't wait for an update.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Me too! :lol:
By Artchic528
Rain washes out dead bugs from the traps all the time. I leave my flytraps outside year round and this happens constantly in the warmer months.
By ChefDean
nana2050 wrote:At 20/19th may of 2020 i used the rain (in the morning) to remove a dead bug from a venus flytrap. Sorry for no proof cuz i wrote this on my pc.
Good job. Let nature help you take care of your green babies.
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 amWhy did you even make this post the!?!?
Why even ask why? Why didn't you just keep scrolling?
Nana is relating her method to clean out her Flytraps.
Joeynator3000 wrote:.....Did this really need a thread? lol
Yes it did, because she felt it important to her. She can post what she wants as long as she complies with forum rules
That one plant boi wrote:Can't wait for an update.
Neither can I. I love reading about how people are proud of how they care for their plants in every aspect.
Coco, Matt, Benny and 1 others liked this
By DragonsEye
ChefDean wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 pm
Joeynator3000 wrote:.....Did this really need a thread? lol
Yes it did, because she felt it important to her. She can post what she wants as long as she complies with forum rules
I agree. Such a post is no more irrelevant than one in which someone posts a pic of their plant (ping, sarr, dros, ....) flowering or any number of other posts ones sees on this forum. The poster simply wanted to share something they found novel/interesting. If you didn't see a purpose in such a thread, then why did you bother reading it let alone responding to it? I regularly see posts on this and other forums which hold no interest for me. I simply skip over them and focus on the posts which do interest me. I would suggest you do the same.
Artchic528, Benny, Matt and 2 others liked this
By Matt
I agree with ChefDean and DragonsEye! Remember we are all here to support each other in addition to helping and learning from each other. No one has the right to tell someone else what is important to them. And this interaction reminded me of a meme I saw the other day...not necessarily exactly the same, but still fairly relevant, I think!
0e4faf96f96b779fab3544b481776f2b-600x600.jpg
0e4faf96f96b779fab3544b481776f2b-600x600.jpg (64.57 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Shadowtski, Panman liked this
By ChefDean
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 pmUmmmm Matt I don't think that is a meme.....
That is not only a meme, but it is a supremely relevant meme to what you posted in reference to the original post by nana2050, as well as what you posted about the meme itself.
We understand you're only 16, but you need to learn to just move on unless you have a solid, tangible argument to voice. Then, you need to be able to do so in a manner that will not only convey your message, but convey it in a way that encourages civil discourse rather than just stating "No, that's not how it is!"
It's called adulting, and, it sucks, it really does. But you're at a point where you need to start seeing the world as it is, not how it has been spoon fed to you.
We're all here to learn from each other. Matt, the Flytrap King, has even said in other posts that he has learned new information about Flytraps from others. Just a week ago I learned some good things from Matt about Sarracenia and some interesting things about Utrics from Shadowtski, and I have been growing carnivorous plants for 20 years.
If you take that extra step to poke at those that are trying to help, you'll soon find yourself out in the cold.
If you disagree, fine. If you have proof/links to support your argument, great, let's start a discussion. If you disagree just because your opinion differs, then shake your head and move on.
Matt liked this
By ChefDean
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:27 amThank you..... Nobody has ever told me something that would change my life! Thank you chefdean!
Joshuamarshall792 wrote:And that's amazing! You've been growing snappers for 20 f*(#!/& Years?!?!?
No, thank you. You have no idea how well you just proved my point.
Take care.
Panman liked this
By Matt
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 pm
Matt wrote:I agree with ChefDean and DragonsEye! Remember we are all here to support each other in addition to helping and learning from each other. No one has the right to tell someone else what is important to them. And this interaction reminded me of a meme I saw the other day...not necessarily exactly the same, but still fairly relevant, I think!

0e4faf96f96b779fab3544b481776f2b-600x600.jpg
Ummmm Matt I don't think that is a meme.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Definition of a meme:
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
I would say the quote posted above is certainly an element of culture written by an individual and passed onto me by nongenetic means. Ergo, it would qualify as a meme.
ChefDean, Panman, Benny liked this
By hungry carnivores
Hey man -

It's just me but I'd try to be nicer to these guys, they make this forum possible. I've grown my collection to 50+ species exclusively because of this forum, so I'm plenty grateful for the opportunity.
ChefDean, Panman liked this
Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!