FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By LittleGrower
I just repot my vft yesterday and this afternoon I saw that there are many little spots on all of my plant. I used silica sand as media and I flooded the pot then I let the plant sit under direct sunlight.
Here is a pic
IMG20200520155446.jpg
IMG20200520155446.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
I thought it because of the flooding has rotten the rhizomes but when I checked the rhizomes, it still white and firm. I really worried guys :cry: , hope you guy can help me and sorry for the bad typing :D .
By ChefDean
Are they moving? If not, I probably wouldn't worry about them. Just keep an eye on it in any case, but it's likely nothing.
However, now I'm not the resident VFT expert, but it looks like the plant may be planted a bit too deep. Perhaps someone with more experience with VFT's can chime in and say more definitively whether it is or not.
By LittleGrower
You mean spots? No, they're not moving. I haven't seen this kind of spot before so I don't know what's wrong with my vft so thank you man.
By Artchic528
Using straight sand can be risky as it doesn't hold water at all, but rather the water simply runs through it. It's also critical that the right sand is used too. Even play sand that says it's all silica isn't suitable. I've heard that pool filter sand is best.

Other than this, I don't know what could be wrong. I'm not that experienced.
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By LittleGrower
Artchic528 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:50 pm Using straight sand can be risky as it doesn't hold water at all, but rather the water simply runs through it. It's also critical that the right sand is used too. Even play sand that says it's all silica isn't suitable. I've heard that pool filter sand is best.

Other than this, I don't know what could be wrong. I'm not that experienced.
The silica sand I bought is used for filtering water.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!