FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By FunkeePanda
Hello everyone. Recent conditions of my Fly Trap have brought me to make this account and first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated

My girlfriend got a venus flytrap from a Lowes in our area. Poor guy was in okay shape until i re-potted it. Here are a few details worth knowing.
- When i re-potted it went from sphagnum moss to sphagnum peat moss and perlite ratio 1:1
- It sits on a southeast facing window.
- Temperature reaches between 70-80+ during the day.
- We hardly ever turn on the A/C. Heat and humidity doesn't phase us much
- When i re- potted the fly trap the rhizome broke in half with zero effort. That was unintentional
- The pot i got was a little big for the tiny root system i was presented with.
- The left traps seem to be growing fine, and the right half has baby traps that heads turn black before even developing teeth.

My last point is what sent me running here. I don't know what's causing my new baby traps to die before even developing hardly at all.

Again. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Never thought I'd be attempting to grow a plant in my life. Yet here I stand.
By FunkeePanda
Just found out the perlite we are using has been enriched with miracle grow.... It's less than a percent of what it's made up of, but enriched all the same. Heading to the store to get new perlite. Hopefully my Fly Traps can survive another re-potting...

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!