FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
I've just taken a look at the Spritzer website to see whether or not they add minerals and such back to the water - I haven't seen pure distilled water for human consumption before as it doesn't have any of the stuff in it that I figure someone would want out of expensive water... according to the website, it is completely devoid of mineral content so it might be all right but it would be worth checking it with a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter and finding out for yourself.
By davinstewart
Hey Matt, I noticed in your FlytrapStore Missouri - September 2021 tour video that you use styrofoam shipping containers to grow some plants as well as regular containers. Have you noticed any significant difference between the two? I'm experimenting with the same thing and am wondering if the master has any observations.
Matt wrote:Steve made this post in a thread and I thought it was worth making a sticky so that it doesn't get buried. Also, I'm sure that many people might not even read the thread, but EVERYONE should read this post! :D
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/rhizo ... tml#p44781
Panman liked this
By Matt
davinstewart wrote:Hey Matt, I noticed in your FlytrapStore Missouri - September 2021 tour video that you use styrofoam shipping containers to grow some plants as well as regular containers. Have you noticed any significant difference between the two? I'm experimenting with the same thing and am wondering if the master has any observations.
@davinstewart, I've not used those big styrofoam shipping containers long enough to be sure that there's much of a difference but I'm sure the soil temperature is most stable in those huge foam containers than in the small, thin-walled thermoform pots that I use for the majority of the plants we grow. Thus, I expect the plants will grow better in the long term in them.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!