FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Archie Adams
Hi, guys. Need help for beginner :D
I am thinking to buy a Sarracenia leucophylla "Hurricane Creek White", price is really attractive :D .
But what should I know about this flower before buying it? who has experience with this type, how difficult it is to care for him, as a beginner doesn't want to let him die in the first month :D
By steve booth
Standard sarracenia care only required, try reading one of the care sheets available on this forum, basically, acidic nutrient-free medium (peat/perlite 50/50 mix), keep wet (stand in a tray of water 1" deep) during summer, just damp over winter, grow in full sun, water only with rain, distilled or RO water. Dont fertilise or fill pitchers with water
Good luck.
Cheers
Steve
MikeB liked this
By Matt
Sarracenia are super easy to care for and much less sensitive than most carnivorous plants. Basically, pot them in a peat-based mix (or pure peat) and keep them in full sun and sitting in water (low-mineral) that is just below the rhizome level by an inch or two. They grow fast!

They are quite a bit less sensitive to minerals in their water and can stand 100ppm of TDS.
By Archie Adams
Thank you guys for your answers.
And one more question - is it ok transportation for this plant?, I mean I afraid if I will order online that plant could arrive harmed and stressed. What is your experience?
By Matt
There is always a short period of time where plants adjust after shipment, but if the person sending the plant packages it well, Sarracenia this time of the year shouldn't have any noticeable adjustment period.
Hello!

I also just started growing this plant. Can we dis[…]

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!