FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By EricSg
This is all that’s left of my plant after I placed it too near my grow light.

Trimmed off the black parts, repotted and hope it will survive. :|

Just started growing VFT a few months ago and read most of the information here on growing in sphagnum moss and watering with distilled water.

I’m new here and hello to everyone!

Any additional advice will be appreciated!
Attachments:
D254B151-10D3-4B4D-AFE6-9712789CF400.jpeg
D254B151-10D3-4B4D-AFE6-9712789CF400.jpeg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 3081 times
By Johns Flytraps
I've read that as long as the bulb part below still is white, there is still hope. Hopefully, that is the case.
By Benny
Agreed. There only needs to be a small part of the rhizome to live. Keep watering it. Your media may be too wet. Don't let it sit in water unless it is hot outside.
By EricSg
Benny wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:17 am Agreed. There only needs to be a small part of the rhizome to live. Keep watering it. Your media may be too wet. Don't let it sit in water unless it is hot outside.
I live in Singapore which is pretty hot and humid.

Hope the plant lives, the root system still looked good when I reported.
Archie Adams liked this
By EricSg
My plant is officially dead.

:(
Attachments:
91487745-E1D6-4927-8DA1-89B0600F5F19.jpeg
91487745-E1D6-4927-8DA1-89B0600F5F19.jpeg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
By Artchic528
It's never fun to lose a plant. However, don't be too discouraged. A lot of us long time CP growers started off by killing a plant or three. However, we've learned from those experiences and put our newly gained knowledge into keeping our next few plants alive and then well, its become a sort of addiction for some of us. I've had a few tragidies in my years of growing. However, as discouraged as I may have gotten and no matter how many months I've taken a break from doing it, I've always come back to the hobby and now am finally getting to where my plants have stayed alive for a few years! I'm even confident enough in my growing skills that I've branched out from Flytraps to Drosera! With persistance and and an undying love for the unsual and bizare world of CPs you can get to where I'm at and more!

Anyways, I hope you're still going to keep growing CPs and if so, happy growing!
Milos Simic, Matt liked this
By EricSg
Artchic528 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:48 am It's never fun to lose a plant. However, don't be too discouraged. A lot of us long time CP growers started off by killing a plant or three. However, we've learned from those experiences and put our newly gained knowledge into keeping our next few plants alive and then well, its become a sort of addiction for some of us. I've had a few tragidies in my years of growing. However, as discouraged as I may have gotten and no matter how many months I've taken a break from doing it, I've always come back to the hobby and now am finally getting to where my plants have stayed alive for a few years! I'm even confident enough in my growing skills that I've branched out from Flytraps to Drosera! With persistance and and an undying love for the unsual and bizare world of CPs you can get to where I'm at and more!

Anyways, I hope you're still going to keep growing CPs and if so, happy growing!
Thank you for the encouragement!

I still have 2 more plants and 2 plantlets, so I’m good.

Happy growing!
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!