FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By crazy_carnivores
hi guys! im hoping do buy a few plants from wistuba, however I realized that shipping to the us is super expensive, does anyone want to do a group order?
By Coco
If I recall correctly, you'll need a permit to import plants that's from overseas. And that person will need to be in charge of distributing/shipping the plants to the people that's in the group order.

Edit: I did see another person in a different CP community that did a group order from Wistuba where shipping was $100+.
crazy_carnivores liked this
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 am I was thinking about the import permit too. Do you have one crazy carnivores? I do not have one.
I emailed the nursery, wistuba said that he has a distributer in the us that can handle all the paperwork, shipping is about 130 dollars plus a 10% paper work fee as well as another 7% handleing fee.
By hungry carnivores
You're gonna have to collect addresses and make a spreadsheet.

It will look smth like this.

Name Address Personal Shipping cost Plants Wanted Plant Cost

Then, when you have x people, you check out and see how much shipping is. Then you do

Shipping/Number Of people + Plant Cost+ Personal Shipping cost

to calculate how much a person needs to pay.
By crazy_carnivores
currently hamata is out of stock for the rest of the summer. I am ordering in about a month but I can the time frame is very flexible.

edit: I kinda want to order soon, maybe within the next two weeks so no more plants can sell out.
Last edited by crazy_carnivores on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy_carnivores
you guys should go to the website and see which plants you want. PM me the plants soon so I can make a spreadsheet
By mcgrumpers
Another potential cost: I imagine wistuba collects payment in euros. US credit cards charge a currency conversion fee unless it's waved.

A potential saving: the wistuba website notes that they give a 5/10% discount for orders let than 500/1000 euros.

In previous group orders, at what point did everyone send money to the leader? Will this happen by PayPal/venmo?

Re: the spreadsheet, one possibility is to make a shared spreadsheet on Google drive and share it with people who PM indicating they want to sign up. That way, each person could add what they want themselves.
By bijillon
Count me in, I ordered from Carnivora eu one time and I didn’t get charged any fees and it made it through customs some how! this seems like a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sanguinearocks101
crazy_carnivores wrote:currently hamata is out of stock for the rest of the summer. I am ordering in about a month but I can the time frame is very flexible.
Last time I looked it said one was available for shipping in June/July. Does anyone know if there would be extra shipping charges if I got one?

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!