FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By Benny
It was a really good idea to start this thread. I am just stumped on this one.
By ChefDean
My 2 cents, but I didn't start this, so it's only a suggestion. When someone guesses correctly, they have the authority to dictate that the previous host must either do a giveaway at their convenience, or provide a cutting/seeds/plant of their discretion to the person who won the guessing game.
For example, the member who guessed mine correctly was given the choice. And he chose that I do a giveaway in the future. Had he chosen to accept something of mine, it would be something mutually agreed upon, when that something became available.
Your thoughts?
By Benny
Nepenthes hemsleyana?

Yes, some people (like me) have nothing to give. I mean, if you want a typical venus flytrap OK but I can't continuously unpot my plants for pullings. And the questions are answered pretty quick, so you would be giving plants away every week or 2.

Just my take on it.
By Benny
Benny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:45 pm Nepenthes hemsleyana?

Yes, some people (like me) have nothing to give. I mean, if you want a typical venus flytrap OK but I can't continuously unpot my plants for pullings. And the questions are answered pretty quick, so you would be giving plants away every week or 2.

Just my take on it.
Ugh. Too late.
By Lyra
I know, you guys answer to quickly. It's my turn now.

CLUE: Bolivia

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
Benny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:45 pm Nepenthes hemsleyana?

Just my take on it.
That's why there's the "at your convenience" clause. If it takes a year before you get divisions, fine. If you can't do a giveaway or gift, no worries, it isn't not convenient for you. We really do understand, as this thread is primarily for entertainment. If you can give or get a plant, bonus!!!, but not required.
Personally, I'd love a typical VFT, then I can give divisions to neighbors and teachers when I have them.
My 2 cents.
Benny liked this

This is cross posted from another forum. Apologies[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!