FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
Hello, I want to try to do a giveaway for some drosera leaf cuttings to give back to the community and cheer some people up. I could take leaf cutting of: Drosera rotundifolia, Drosera intermedia, Drosera capillaries, and Drosera filiformis "Florida Red" Would cuttings work with all of them? How would I ship them? Could I use an envelope with a non-machinable stamp on it? Do any of you have ideas of what I could do to make it more interesting and fun?
Shadowtski, Benny liked this
By Shadowtski
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:26 pm Hello, I want to try to do a giveaway for some drosera leaf cuttings to give back to the community and cheer some people up. I could take leaf cutting of: Drosera rotundifolia, Drosera intermedia, Drosera capillaries, and Drosera filiformis "Florida Red" Would cuttings work with all of them? How would I ship them? Could I use an envelope with a non-machinable stamp on it? Do any of you have ideas of what I could do to make it more interesting and fun?
All of those species will propagate fairly easily from leaf cuttings.

My suggestion for shipping is take each leaf, wrap it in half a damp (1 - 2 teaspoons water) paper towel. (about 6" x 12")
Put the wrapped leaf in a labeled snack sized ziploc baggie, squeezing out all the air.
Put all of the snack baggies in a 6x9 inch puffy envelope. (Postage about $3 - $4)

Wait until the day you mail them to take your cuttings.

As far as an interesting giveaway, you'll have to ask Hollyhock or one of the more creative members.

Mike
Benny liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!