FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
Hello everyone, was just wondering if these look like red mites to you guys? Im thinking they are because im pretty sure that I have had them before and I am just starting to notice them on my dracula plant... I have some bayer 3-1 spray that im thinking about using if needed. Any suggestions? I have posted a pic with the spot that I am talking about circled. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Attachments:
mites2.jpg
mites2.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 2548 times
By francisfaustino
The easiest way to identify mites is to recognize the damage they do on VFTs. Look at photos of the damage online and familiarize yourself with them. Start treatment when you start seeing them. For me, it usually starts once the season starts getting hot and dry. I usually get 2 waves each year. I would skip any of the pre-mixed pesticides that can be bought at hardware stores. Go with Avid and Forbid 4F. A treatment with those is very effective.
By ChefDean
Actually, Bayer 3 in 1 is a good pesticide for VFT's. To me it doesn't look like mites, but a light spray wouldn't hurt at all. It will at least prevent some fungus and get a little systemic protection.
By Matt
No. Not mites. That's normally how newly forming leaves and traps on Venus flytraps look on occasion.

Typically, you will see the mite damage before you can see the mites.
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!